Monday, 25 September 2017
- Pizza and Booster Juice orders are due today on School Cash Online.
- Popcorn is for sale every Tuesday for $1.
- Picture Day has been moved to October 5, 2017.
- "The Big Sip" will take place on Wednesday September 27, 2017. Please bring a water bottle to school to participate.
- The Scholastic Book Fair will be at Cameron on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week.
- Meet the Teacher Night is Thursday September 28, 2017 5:30-7:00 pm.
- Friday September 29, 2017 is Western Spirit Day.
- Caring Character Assembly is Friday September 29, 2017.
Monday, 11 September 2017
We started our Monday morning off with a SMILE 😄! Our class enjoyed smile cookies from Tim Horton's to support a local charity. The full proceeds from each cookie go directly to the Collingwood General and Marine Hospital this year! Here are some photos of us enjoying our cookies:
Dear Grade 3 Parents/Guardians:
Over the next few weeks, your child will be working with numbers from 0 to 1000.
The student will represent and describe numbers such as 894 in a variety of ways and
situations. Relationships among numbers and among digits in numbers will be
emphasized as students rename, round, compare, and order numbers, explore
number patterns, and develop number sense. Throughout this time, you and your child can practice some at-home activities such as the following:
• You and your child can play a game using two sets of number cards labelled
0 to 9. Shuffle the cards and, without looking, choose 2 cards to form a 2-digit
number. Ask your child to say the number, and to write the number in expanded
form using numbers and words. For example, 75 can be made from two cards
numbered 7 and 5. In expanded form, it is written as 70 + 5 and in expanded
form with words, it is 7 tens 5 ones. After your child has had lots of practise with
2-digit numbers, you can play the same game with 3-digit numbers, using three
sets of numbered cards.
• Say aloud various 2- and 3-digit numbers and ask your child to find the cards to
make the numbers.
• Choose a book with a large number of pages. Open the book to a random page
and ask your child to tell you the numbers 1 greater than, 1 less than, 10 greater
than, and 10 less than the page number.
Thank you for your support,
Thursday, 31 August 2017
Welcome to Mrs. Jeffrey's Grade 3 Class Blog!
The 2017/2018 school year is quickly approaching and I am thrilled to be teaching Grade 3 at Cameron Street Public School again this year! It's going to be a fantastic year full of learning, growth and achievement! Please visit our class blog regularly and view the calendar below to access important information about what is happening in our classroom and school community. Let's make this a memorable and positive school year, Grade 3 parents, guardians and students!
Suggested School Supplies for September
As you prepare for the 2017/2018 school year, I hope that the following list of school supplies will be helpful in guiding the purchases that you make for your child. The items on the list are optional materials, but it is beneficial for each student to have their own supplies in his or her desk. Remember to label the supplies with your child’s name or initials so they can be returned to the proper owner if items are misplaced. It is also helpful to restock your child halfway through the year with some of the items that tend to run out or dry out, particularly whiteboard markers and glue sticks.
- 1 pair of indoor shoes
- 1 backpack
- 1 lunch kit with enough food for two nutrition breaks
- 1 pencil case or box
- 1 package of pencil crayons
- 1 package of pencils
- 1 package of dry-erase/whiteboard markers
- 1 glue stick
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 box of Kleenex
- 1 roll of paper towel
- 1 package of thin markers
- 1 package of erasers
- 1 package of highlighters
- 1 ruler
- 1 pencil sharpener
- 1 calculator
- 1 three-hole binder (2") with dividers